This will tell you many ways to remove one of this earths biggest pests. Carpenter Ants are very nasty ants. They’re even nastier when they destroy the inside of your home, short circuit your dishwasher, make water leaks, and get into everything in your kitchen.
- Clean up your house to make it a bad breeding ground for these ants. Do this by cleaning floors well, fixing any leaky faucets that might cause rotting wood, and removing any clutter that creates shelter for them.
- Get a pesticide called Timbor. This is a very safe product to use. The only potential hazard is indigestion, so keep it away from kids and pets.
- Call a professional exterminator to mix the timbor and foam to put in your walls to remove the ants.
- Alternate 1 – Use advance carpenter ant bait. This is a proven ant bait that kills their nests and lasts all year.
- The best solution is to find the colony and destroy it by using a residue, crack, or crevice aerosol like crack and crevice II propoxur aerosol sprayed directly into the nest or use a dust such as deltadust with a bellows 8oz duster.
- Alternate 2 – Use a bait that’s designed so they can’t detect it.